Friday, August 12, 2011

KOMEN'S RACE


This year I am racing and fundraising with MAPS for the fight against breast cancer. I have set a personal goal to fundraise over $500. I am reaching out to ask for your help, as I know breast cancer is not something one person can fight alone.

Breast cancer is a race itself - a race against time.  With 200,000 people being diagnosed and approximately 40,000 dying from this disease every year, research funds are needed more than ever.  My plan is to participate in the Susan G. Komen - Massachusetts Race for the Cure®, so that I can contribute to this fight.

I hope that you will fight with me by pledging funds that will help me move towards my goal.  75% of your pledge will be spent in Massachusetts communities to fund missions and provide critical services. The remaining 25% is completely dedicated to national research in the fight to eradicate breast cancer. Below is the link to my personal pledge page, where online pledges can be processed.

Please remind the women in your life about the importance of regular breast self-examinations and yearly mammograms. Early detection is our best protection.

Go to the Komen's website to find ways to participate.






If you would like to join MAPS CARES TEAM, you can visit our team page at:

www.komenmassrace.org/maps


Thanks for helping me,


Alessandra Lopes

No comments:

Post a Comment